The position will be responsible for grooming and hygiene-related duties for dogs at the facility. The position needs to provide high quality customer service to a diverse range of dog owners, helping maintain and gain clients. Attention to detail is key to perform satisfactory grooming as it related to styles and cuts for different breeds. In addition, the groomer must keep their work are clean, work effectively with team members, and be able to effectively manage their time.
ESSENTIAL DUTITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow direction to appropriately use equipment and supplies safely and competently.
- Work with dogs to complete grooming tasks.
- Use proper dog handling techniques as instructed by management.
- Use proper dog handling procedures along with appropriate praise and correction methods.
- Maintain records on all pets and clients, including service supplies.
- Interact with clients to identify services and set expectations.
- In addition to bathing and styling, identify health problems and notify owners in a respectful manner.
- Complete dog incident reports timely when required.
- Ensures work are is safe and sanitary to mitigate risks to both humans and animals; which included sanitizing all clippers, combs, brushes and other tools used on pets to prevent spreading diseases among their clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to work productively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Enjoy working with dogs, have compassion and patience, and are comfortable around them.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic and challenging environment characterized by sometimes changing priorities and reacting to those priorities positively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate in all areas of communication (verbal, non-verbal, written) with staff and customers.
- Proven ability to follow instruction and learn new things.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Training and experience grooming common dog breeds.
Normal office environment with good lighting, and generally, little exposure to excessive dust, humidity or temperature. The noise level is usually moderate, limited to the operation of printers, completer equipment, typewriters, telephones, background music, conversation and barking dogs as they come and go from the facility.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed. The incumbent will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related responsibilities requested by their supervisor.
This position description describes the minimum selection requirement to qualify for the position. However, promotion and other employment decisions are based on company needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance and other non-discriminatory issues.
This position description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than ‘at will’ employee.
Get In Touch
11071 Watertower Ct.
Holland, MI 49424