This position will be responsible for the supervision of staff, control daycare dogs and ensure the dogs kept in their kennels and facility are cared for properly. Responsibility also includes maintenance and cleaning of the playrooms as well as other areas of the facility as needed. The Kennel Supervisor position has the responsibility for making sure all duties are completed each day throughout the facility.
- Training for all new employees to understand eddieandbarkus standards.
- Cleaning kennels.
- Feeds and waters dogs: cleans and disinfects all food and water bowls.
- Exercising and monitoring the behavior of boarded dogs.
- Administers medication to animals as requested.
- Responsible for creating work schedules and supervising staff members throughout facility.
- Walks through kennel areas checking each animal individually for abnormal activity (vomiting, blood and diarrhea).
- Recognizes emergency situations.
- Disinfect areas of facility as needed.
- Proven ability to work productively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and multi-task in a high volume work flow with multiple priorities, interruptions and possible short-term deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic and challenging environment characterized by sometimes changing priorities and reaction to those priorities positively.
- Effectively and professionally communicated in all areas of communication (verbal, non-verbal, written) with staff and customers.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and to learn new things.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous work experience providing animal care recommended but not required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee is required to talk and hear, and use hands/fingers on keyboard, telephone and handle other objects. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and reach with hands and arms.
Normal office environment with good lighting, and generally, little exposure to excessive dust, humidity or temperature. The noise level is usually moderate, limited to the operation of printers, completer equipment, typewriters, telephones, background music, conversation and barking dogs as they come and go from the facility. Job requires working without the aid of air conditioning for periods of time in the summer when outside with the animals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only activities to be performed. The incumbent will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related responsibilities requested by their supervisor.
This position description describes the minimum selection requirement to qualify for the position. However, promotion and other employment decisions are based on company needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance and other non-discriminatory issues.
This position description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than ‘at will’ employee.
Get In Touch
11071 Watertower Ct.
Holland, MI 49424